Areas of Expertise
- Cybersecurity, Cyber Crime, Cyber Intelligence
- Computer/Network forensics, Computer Emergency response
- Criminal Procedure/Investigations, Information Security/ Assurance, Public Policy and International relations
- B.S. in criminal justice, Roger Williams University
- M.S. in information assurance, Norwich University
Bell a cybersecurity engineer with Raytheon Company and an adjunct professor at Salve Regina teaching courses related to cybersecurity and cyber intelligence. Prior to joining Raytheon, he completed a 21-year career in law enforcement with the Rhode Island state police, where he specialized in high tech crime investigations and computer/network forensics. Bell has conducted hundreds of computer/network forensic investigations and is a Certified Forensic Computer Examiner. He has been qualified as an expert witness in both state and federal court related to technology based investigations and computer forensics. In addition, Bell is a frequent speaker and presenter on topics and issues related to cybersecurity. In 2011, he received the Bill Siebert Award for Excellence in Computer Forensics from Guidance Software.